Herodotus, an ancient Greek historian, lived in the 5th century BC. He is known for being the premier historian who collected his materials systematically by faithfully testing their precision and arranging them in organized and lucid writing.
1. "Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before.”
It's when you struggle the most, you get tempted to quit, but if you keep going it is at these times you'll find the greatest results. When you want to give up, work twice as hard.
2. "Circumstances rule men; men do not rule circumstances."
For example: When you decide to take a share of a market, you first do a market research to understand what people are after, what the problems are and then you act from that information. You need to communicate with the right people at the right time, or nobody will listen.
3. "Great things are won by great dangers."
No pain, no gain. You can't be too safe, you got to get out of your comfort zone.
4. "If a man insisted always on being serious, and never allowed himself a bit of fun and relaxation, he would go mad or become unstable without knowing it."
Find a way that fits you best, you'll get more results if you make a clear strategy that you follow, rather than just being busy and burned out.
5. "Illness strikes men when they are exposed to change."
Change can be really scary as we feel that we lose control of situations, and this can lead to a constant escape from change. Though, change is important and instead of escaping, we should see changes as opportunities and take control of them.
6. In soft regions are born soft men.
Our surrounding effects greatly the way we think and act. Although this can bring positive things, it can also bring negative ones. When we have big dreams and high expectation it's not unusual to be told by others that we won't make it or even that we're a bit crazy. Always try to have an understanding of how your surrounding is effecting you, people aren't always right.
7. "The destiny of man is in his own soul."
If you really want something, go get it! Don't complain that others have put you down.
8. "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Aspirations need dedication and determination, you need to master your field and be open and alert on the possibilities in everything. Aim high.
9. "Force has no place where there is need of skill."
You can't force people to like your work, you generally need to fit into their lives. Find your target audience and simply be good at what you're doing.
10."The man who has planned badly, if fortune is on his side, may have had a stroke of luck; but his plan was a bad one nonetheless."
A bad strategy can't be escaped, bad planning will give bad results when luck abandons you, which it will.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe by RSS!