Subsequent to receiving a MFA at the Academy of Art in San Francisco, Marc Canadell became a creative designer. He “first started design a house for himself” and so began designing homes. He focuses a lot on the contemporary design, as he has taken influence from the architect Mies van der Rohe.
Pictures of the 9362 NIGHTINGALE DRIVE on SUNSET STRIP, www.9362nightingaledrive.com.
1. What is important for a relationship between the client and the designer to work well?
I would say to understand his needs.
2. Where do you find inspiration?
Europe has influenced me the most.
3. What made you begin designing houses after being a creative director?
First I started designing a house for myself and that's how it started.
4. What is the key to making a home “luxurious”, what small things can everyone do to make their home appear slightly more luxurious?
Would say "less is more", which is a line from my favorite architect... I would start with that concept.
5. Which designers have influenced you the most?
The architect Mies van der Rohe.
6. When you enter a house for the first time; what routine do you have to understand how you’ll design the space?
I want to understand who is living in the house, if it’s a family, a bachelor....etc...
7. Which designs have made an impact on you?
The pavilion designed by Mies van der Rohe for the 1929 Barcelona international exhibition.
8. What advice do you have for an aspiring designer?
To create ... Don’t be shy and start expressing his designs in any form.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe by RSS!